We are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our website visitors; this policy sets out how we will treat your personal information.
We have appointed a Data Privacy Manager who is responsible for overseeing questions in relation to this privacy notice. If you have any questions about this privacy notice, including any request to exercise your legal rights, please contact us where we will ensure the appropriate response is made.
The following privacy notice aims to give you information on how Abelian collects and processes your personal data through your use of our website, including any data you may provide when you sign up to our newsletter, request a cleaning quote or take part in any exclusive offer or promotion available.
Our website may include links to third-party websites, plug-ins and applications. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. We do not hold any control over these third-party websites nor are we responsible for their privacy statements. When you leave our website, we advise you to read all privacy notices on all websites that you visit.
What Information Do We Collect?
The definition of personal data is; any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include data where the identity has been removed (anonymous data).
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal data:
- Information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website, such as your IP address, geographical location, browser type, referral source, length of visit and number of page views;
- Information relating to any transactions carried out between you and us on or in relation to this website, including information relating to any purchases you make of our goods or services;
- Information that you provide to us for the purpose of registering with us;
- Information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our website services, email notifications and/or newsletters;
- Any other information that you choose to send to us;
We also collect, use and share Aggregated Data such as statistical or demographic data as seen with analytics. Aggregated Data may be derived from your personal data but not considered personal by law as this data does not directly or indirectly reveal your identity. Should we collate Aggregated Data with your personal data in a way that it can directly identify you then this data is considered personal data, and will be handled as according to this privacy notice.
We do not collect any Special Categories of Personal Data i.e. race, sexuality, ethnicity, religious information, political opinions, trade union membership or information about your health. Nor do we collect any information regarding criminal convictions and offences.Failure to provide personal data
When personal data is required by law, or under the terms of a contractual agreement you have with us and data is failed to be provided upon request, we may not be able to fulfil the contract or that of one we are attempting to enter in with yourself. Should you refuse to supply personal data, by your own choice, we may have to cancel any agreement between both parties. Should this occur we will notify you.
Phishing is the practice in which a person is tricked into giving confidential information. We will never ask you to send any personal details via email. If such details are required by our behalf we will contact you via telephone to ensure you details are passed legitimately to us.
Should you receive any email claiming to be Abelian or working on behalf of Abelian we request that you do not reply with any information and contact us immediately to ensure we appropriately deal with all cases, should they ever occur.
How Is Your Personal Data Collected
We use various methods to collect data from, and about you. These methods include;
- Direct interactions: personal data will be collected regarding your identity when you correspond with us via post, phone, email or otherwise.
- This is inclusive of methods when you request a cleaning quote or sign up to our subscriptions, leave a review regarding our services, speak with customer services, take part in any competitions, promotions or surveys.
- Automated Technologies or Interactions: as you interact with our website, we may automatically collect Technical Data about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns. We collect this personal data via cookies, server logs and other similar technology.
How We Use Your Personal Data
We only use your personal data when the law allows us. We commonly will use your personal data in circumstances listed below;
- In accordance with all contractual details needed when entering a contract with you
- To send marketing communications relating to our services, promotions, and updated news where we have your consent
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests
- Where we need to comply with legal or regulatory obligation
You have the right to withdraw consent to marketing at any time by unsubscribing via the link made available with each marketing email we send you. Or you are able to contact us.
Purposes For Which We Use Your Personal Data
See below the means in which we will use your personal data qualified with justified legal bases that we rely upon plus identification of our legitimate interests where appropriate.
We may process your personal data against more than one lawful grounding, depending on the specific purpose for which we are using your data. Should you require more details on this matter please contact us regarding the specific legal grounding we rely upon, where more than one ground has been set out below.
- To register you as a new customer; Identity and Contact data – performance of a contract with you
- To manage our relationship with you which includes notifying you about changes in our privacy notice and asking you to leave a review or complete a survey; Identity, Contact, Profile and Marketing Communications data – performance of a contract with you / Necessary to comply with a legal obligation / Necessary for our legitimate interests
- Enable participation in an event, prize draw, competition or complete a survey; Identity, Contact, Profile, Usage, Marketing and Communications data – performance of a contract with you / Necessary for our legitimate interests / Consent
- To administer and protect our business and this website; Identity, Contact and Technical data – Necessary for our legitimate interests / Necessary to comply with a legal obligation
- To deliver relevant website content and advertisements to you and measure or understand the effectiveness of the advertising we serve you; Identity, Contact, Profile, Usage, Marketing and Communications and Technical data – Necessary for our legitimate interests
- To use data analytics to improve our website, services, marketing, customer relationships and experiences; Identity, Contact, Technical, Usage and Profile data – Necessary for our legitimate interests
To make suggestions and recommendations to you about our service portfolio that may be interest to you; Identity, Contact, Technical, Usage and Profile date – Necessary for our legitimate interests / Consent
Any information that we collect via Google’s Interest-based advertising or third-party audience data (such as age, gender, and interests) with Google Analytics may be used in one of the following ways:
- To personalise your experience (data collected helps us to better respond to your individual needs)
- To improve customer services (data collected helps us to more effectively response to your customer requests)
- To send periodic emails (the email address you provide may be used to send information, respond to enquiries and/or other requests or questions)
You will receive marketing communications from us if you have requested information regarding our cleaning services. Should you wish to be removed from any advertising or marketing communications you are able to unsubscribe from our list at any time.
We use Identity, Contact, Technical, Usage and Profile data to help us determine what legitimate interest you may require from our marketing communications. Consent has been given at all times when you have subscribed to our newsletter, requested service information, have entered in a survey or competition.
Non-Disclosure To Third-Parties
To ensure we are able to make services available to you, we may need to share your personal data with some of our service providers; IT and marketing service providers.
Abelian only allows its service providers to handle your personal data when we have confirmed that they apply all appropriate data protection and security controls. We ensure contractual obligations are complete by all service providers relating to data protection and security to further safe guard any data we hold relating to you.
Abelian will not sell or rent our customer data to other organisations for marketing purposes or financial gains.
We may share your data with:
- Governmental bodies, regulators, law enforcement agencies, courts/tribunals and insurers where we are required to do so
- To comply with our legal obligations
- To exercise our legal rights
- For the prevention , detection, investigation of crime or prosecution of offenders
- For the protection of our employees and customers
We collect information from you when you subscribe to our newsletter, fill out any service forms, and via Google Analytics. You can opt out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising and customise your Google display Network using the Google Ad Settings.
We use remarketing with Google Analytics to advertise online. Third-party vendors, including Google, may show our ads on sites across the internet.
We and third-party vendors, including Google, use both first-party and third-party cookies together to inform, optimize and serve ads based on your past visits to our website.
Disclosure Of Your Personal Data
Any data that is gained via the website will be recorded electronically and only used in accordance with the UK Data Protection Act 1998.
Some of our service providers store personal data information outside of the EU. Where this is the case, we have taken steps to ensure that your data will be maintained in accordance with EU standards.
It is sometimes necessary for Abelian to share your data outside the European Economic Area. This is due to service providers being located outside the EEA or if you are based outside of the EEA.
If data is transferred outside of such locations we will ensure that the transfer will be compliant with data protection law and all personal data will be secure. Our standard practice uses ‘standard data protection clause’ approved by the European Commission.
Appropriate security measures are in place to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed by unauthorised parties. Access is limited to personal; employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a requirement to know based upon business. They are subject to processing such data in accordance with our strict allowance and confidentiality.
In the unlikely event of a personal data breach we will inform any applicable regulator immediately as we are legally required to do so.
We will only store your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purpose in which we collected the information. Purposes include satisfying any legal, accounting or reporting requirements.
By law we have to keep basic information about our customers for 6 years after they cease being customers for tax purposes. We also keep this basic information about our customers for up to 7 years following your most recent contract with us, to enable us to deal with after-sales queries. We use the data provided by yourself in order to keep you up to date with our services, changes in our services and regarding promotions or offers. We will remove this information as and when you indicate to us that you no longer wish to receive such information or up to a maximum 7 years after you interact with a marketing communication (e.g. clicking on a link in an email taking you to our website).
Personal Data Fee
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstance.
What We Need From You
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
Time Limit To Respond
We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it may take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated.